The shuttle system is a high-density storage system composed of racks, shuttles and forklifts.
1. Customer Introduction
China Tobacco Hunan Industrial Co., Ltd., formerly known as Hunan China Tobacco Industry Company, was established in May 2003 and is affiliated to the State Tobacco Monopoly Administration (China National Tobacco Corporation).
2. Project Overview
- Shuttle+ forklift
- 80,000 square meters
- 60 warehouses
- 14 shuttles
- More than 100,000 cargo spaces
- More than 80,000 wooden pallets
This project adopts the storage mode of 'shuttle + forklift', covering an area of 80,000 square meters, 60 warehouses, 14 shuttles, more than 100,000 cargo spaces, and more than 80,000 wooden pallets. This is the intensive storage project of Inform Group with the largest total number of warehouse locations so far.
Features of project entry and exit: According to the characteristics of the stored alcoholized tobacco leaves and the processing requirements, the warehouse will be in and out of the warehouse in large quantities at regular intervals.
3. Shuttle System
A shuttle system is a semi-automated compact storage system that uses a shuttle to transport pallets inside a storage aisle.
Working mode: first in first out mode (FIFO) and first in last out mode (FILO).
FIFO: Pallets are deposited from one end and taken out from the other end of the aisle.
· It can realize sequential access to logistics, which meets general logistics requirements;
· It can realize logistics access partition operation and optimize on-site management;
FILO: Pallets access only operates from one side of the aisle;
· The forklift aisle is arranged on one side, which can maximize the use of the warehouse area;
· Suitable for occasions with low requirements for material in and out sequence.
The shuttle system provides the ideal solution for the following situations:
· A large number of palletized goods require large-scale in-out and out-of-warehouse operations.
· The requirements for the storage quantity of goods are very high.
· Temporary storage of pallet goods or batch cache of wave picking orders.
· Periodic big in or big out.
· The shuttle racking system has been used, and it is required to store more pallets in depth and increase the workload of inbound and outbound storage.
· Have used semi-automatic shuttle racking systems, such as forklifts + shuttles, hoping to reduce manual operations and adopt fully automated operations.
· Cooperate with shuttle mover, stacker crane or forklift AGV to realize fully automatic in and out-of-warehouse operation;
· Cooperate with high-position forklift to realize semi-automatic storage operation;
· Two types of work modes: FIFO and FILO;
· Simple racking structure, economical cost;
· Mobile or fixed charging station charging optional;
· Compatible with pallets of different sizes, a single shuttle can be used with different types of pallets
4. Project Benefits
· High density storage
Compared with ordinary pallet racking and mobile racking, the storage capacity can be increased by more than 50%.
· Save costs
Reasonable space utilization reduces operating costs.
· Less racking and cargo damage
Compared with traditional narrow aisle racks, there is no need for a forklift to drive into the rack aisle, which reduces the occurrence of human accidents and the rack is not easy to be damaged.
· Scalable and improved performance
Easy to add additional shuttles, synchronized operation for more efficient inbound and outbound tasks